- HSC Subject Supersets
- HSC Mathematics Advanced
Two book bundle. 600+ pages including digital pages.
That makes you a rather smart cookie.
Our HSC Mathematics 3U Combined books would suit you best.
These titles contain the topic tests (Vol 1) and trial exams (Vol 2) in our HSC Mathematics Advanced titles, plus additional topic tests (Vol 1) and trial exams (Vol 2) in Mathematics Extension 1!
- This mammoth hybrid paper-and-digital study guide totalling nearly 800 pages comes in three volumes:
- Volume 1: Topic Tests (spiral-bound question and answer book)
- Volume 2: Trial Examinations (spiral-bound question and answer book)
- Volume 3: Solution Manual (digital PDF e-book, can be accessed by purchasing Volume 1 or Volume 2)
- Designed to cover every dot point of the NEW 2020 NESA-accredited syllabus!
- Solution Manual (Volume 3) available as a free digital download from our website for your convenience, or directly via QR code printed in Volumes 1-2
- Model solutions and marking schemes show students how to answer questions to obtain full marks (Volume 3)
- Detailed walkthrough solutions mean students can fix their own knowledge gaps and are never left confused (Volume 3)
- More worked solutions, in more detail, than any other study guide
Volume 1 (Topic Tests):
- 6 topic tests mapped to each Topic within the syllabus
- Tests formatted to resemble the NESA examination format
- Access to 400+ pages worth of content in combination with the Solution Manual content
Volume 2 (Trial Examinations):
- 3 full-length and original trial HSC examinations
- Examinations graded in order of difficulty to aid in stepwise revision
- Access to 300+ pages worth of content:
- 93-page question and answer book (Volume 2), plus
- 230+ pages of answers and detailed worked solutions found within digital Solution Manual (Volume 3)
Table of ContentsVolume 1 (Topic Tests)
Topic Test 1: Functions - 50 marks (5 MCQs, 45 marks of SAQs), 1.5 hours
Topic Test 2: Trigonometric Functions - 50 marks (5 MCQs, 45 marks of SAQs), 1.5 hours
Topic Test 3A: Differential Calculus - 50 marks (5 MCQs, 45 marks of SAQs), 1.5 hours
Topic Test 3B: Integral Calculus- 50 marks (5 MCQs, 45 marks of SAQs), 1.5 hours
Topic Test 4: Financial Mathematics- 50 marks (5 MCQs, 45 marks of SAQs), 1.5 hours
Topic Test 5: Statistical Analysis - 50 marks (5 MCQs, 45 marks of SAQs), 1.5 hours
Volume 2 (Trial Examinations)
Trial Examination 1 - 100 marks (10 MCQs, 90 marks of SAQs), 3 hours
Trial Examination 2 - 100 marks (10 MCQs, 90 marks of SAQs), 3 hours
Trial Examination 3 - 100 marks (10 MCQs, 90 marks of SAQs), 3 hours
- Dr Thushan Hettige is the Managing Director and the most senior content developer at Decode, also authoring the Decode HSC Chemistry title. His talent in Mathematics has been apparent from his youth, when he became the first primary school student in Australia to complete the Kumon Mathematics programme in 2005. His achievements in Mathematics during his secondary schooling is no less impressive, and include a 2011 VCE (Victorian Certificate in Education) ATAR score of 99.95 with top scores in his Mathematics subjects, and a Silver Medal in the 2011 Australian Mathematical Olympiad.
Thushan has since racked up extensive tutoring experience spanning nearly a decade, and he has utilised his unique and original teaching methods in his detailed solutions to the Mathematics Advanced problems.
- Tim Koussas is Decode's resident Mathematics expert, with his credentials in Mathematics being phenomenal. After graduating with top scores in his Mathematics subjects in the 2012 VCE (Victorian Certificate in Education), Tim has proceeded to obtain an average of close to 100 in his Mathematics subjects at undergraduate level, before embarking on his PhD at La Trobe University (Melbourne) in Pure Mathematics. Tim has been involved in the development of all of Decode's Mathematics titles, both in the HSC and the VCE.
You may also be interested in...
Our sample PDFs include pages from each volume of our titles!
- About this title (under Business Management Units 3&4: Trial SACs)
Solution Manual available as a digital download from website or via QR code on Volume 1 or 2.
- HSC Biology (under Decode HSC Samples)
- HSC Chemistry (under Decode HSC Samples)
- Frequently Asked Questions