- Units 1&2 Revision Guides
- VCE Chemistry
Topic Tests and Trial Examinations
- ETA: Dec 2022
- 4 topic tests and 2 trial exams
- Digital PDF solution manual containing answers and detailed worked solutions
- 250+ pages' worth of content (estimated)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions regarding this upcoming title.
Please fill in the following form to register your interest in this title.
You will receive email updates on the status of this revision guide as we come closer to publication. We will also give you a special "early-bird" discount code that you can use when this book comes out!
Our VCE Chemistry Units 1&2 revision guide is our very first upcoming Decode VCE Revision guide for students in Year 11. Modelled on our well-loved Units 3&4 Revision Guides, this book will give you/your child the perfect start to his VCE Chemistry journey.
We estimate that this book will be published around the end of 2022 for the 2023 school year.
This will also be a hybrid paper-digital title containing a hardcopy question book containing topic tests and trial exams, and a digital PDF solution manual accessible via QR code.
- 4 topic tests (40 marks, 50 minutes each) and 2 trial exams (72 marks, 90 minutes each)
- Written in the voice of a high-achieving previous VCE Chemistry graduate who blitzed the subject with a study score of 50 and a Premier's Award, and represented Australia in the International Chemistry Olympiad, winning a Silver medal, and is also a highly experienced tutor and lecturer
- Questions of all difficulties, from entry-level questions to extension-style questions, to suit students of all needs
- Solution manual also contains exam tips and tricks, problem-solving techniques and applied theory
Dr Thushan Hettige is the Managing Director of Decode and its most senior content developer. Thushan graduated dux of Scotch College in 2011 with an ATAR of 99.95, scoring 5 perfect 50s (one of which included Chemistry) and Premier’s Awards in Chemistry, Biology, English Language and Mathematical Methods. This means that Thushan was in the top 5 students in the state for four of the subjects he studied. Thushan also won a silver medal at the International Chemistry Olympiad 2011 in Turkey, and received the top score (among Year 12 students) in the Monash University Enhancement Program in university-level Chemistry. His achievements earned him the Australian Students’ Prize for 2011, which is awarded to the top 500 students from across the country.
Thushan has almost 10 years of tutoring and lecturing experience in VCE Chemistry, having provided classes, revision lectures and online tutorials for ATAR Notes and James An College. He is also the author of the ATAR Notes Complete Course Notes for VCE Chemistry and Biology.
Thushan is the lead author of a number of the Decode titles, including VCE Biology and Chemistry, as well as HSC Chemistry and Mathematics Advanced.
Thushan has completed a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (Honours) and a Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours) at Monash University. He is working as a junior doctor at Monash Health, and is undergoing his post-graduate training at the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
You may also be interested in...
- Renee, VCE Chemistry Teacher (2020) (under Testimonials)
My students said that what they appreciated most were the solutions.
- Anon (2020) (under Testimonials)
- Kayla, John Monash Science School (2020) (under Testimonials)
- Thevindu, Melbourne High School (2020) (under Testimonials)
I found the Decode VCE Chemistry books to be very helpful.
- Year 12 Parent (2021) (under Testimonials)
My daughter had purchased every VCE resource available.